Be the One! Register to Donate Sight and Life!
It only takes a couple of minutes for one person to potentially save lives, to restore sight and to bring healing to critically ill people! By registering to be an organ donor, you can be the one to do all that and more! You may also bring hope to countless families and quality of life to many, many recipients. If you are wondering if your donation matters here are the facts by numbers…
- Every 9 minutes another name is added to the list of people waiting on an organ.
- 17 people die every day waiting on an organ.
- 8 lives can be saved by the organs of 1 donor.
- 75 people can be healed by the tissue from 1 donor.
- 2 eyes can have sight restored by 1 donor.
- Countless family members receive hope for their loved ones because of organ donation!
It’s easy! Donate Life America is a non-profit organization whose mission is to increase the number of donated organs, eyes and tissues available to save and heal lives through transplantation. Their website donatelife.net is a rich resource of information on organ donation. They also provide a link to registerme.org the national donor registry.
March is National Eye Donation Month! Why not register now?